
It is half way through February, and it hardly feels like any time has passed since I got home for Christmas. But then when I think about Christmas, and last semester of college, it feels like a long time ago. I think time is one of the most unfortunate things we have to deal with. A busy life full of things that I enjoy, compounded by a narrow view of the world and its proceedings make it easy for time to just slip between my fingers - like autumn leaves that fall to the ground, going mostly unheeded until they are all gone. It makes me wonder if I am spending my time on important things.
I only have a month and a half left at home before another semester and then a mission. It is strange to think that these few weeks are the last that I will spend at home with my family. I spend most of my time working. Sometimes I hardly see them... kinda sad... but the world uses money, and since it doesn't grow on trees yet, I guess I do need to be making a concerted effort to make my own way. But at times I am plagued by a guilty conscience telling me that I ought to be doing more with/for them. But I guess that the time for that has passed and now it is time to leave home and establish myself. Makes me grateful that families can be together forever...
Crazy... I have hardly lived at all, and now I am supposed to live on my own and make a contribution to God and society. I feel like this should overwhelm me, but somehow it doesn't. I am totally calm and happy - excited even! Never lasts though... always have huge knots in my stomach when I am standing on the verge of change.
Life is good!
Thanks to everyone who helped me be who I am. I hope your love and sacrifice pay off.
Don't forget your daily dose of Music!
2 comments:
Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.
You are prepared. Never doubt. I understand stomach knots better than the rope kind. Definitely more experience with the former. The good thing is, action dissolves them. It's the waiting that is knot-producing. It's been fun to have contact with you during this waiting period. We will miss your physical presence.
I really enjoy your blog, Sam. Thanks for doing this.
Post a Comment