Jul 7, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend


This fourth of July has been one of the strangest fourth of Julys I have ever had. Typically my family gets together for an enormous family reunion. We all play games, and have water fights, and BBQ burgers and chicken and hot dogs, and corn on the cob... and jello and pasta and rolls (I love the rolls!) We then like to play volley ball in the church gym, and we play for hours. Then we all go to my grandfathers brothers house, and BBQ again. Then we have fire works.

This is not exactly what happened this last weekend...

It was not possible for me to come back to Salt Lake again for the holiday. The Seeley's, my cousins, were not going down for the reunion either. They invited me to come with them to the Seeley family reunion on Saturday. I consented gratefully, not only because I would have had a dreadfully uneventful weekend, but also because I love being with them. We went to a beautiful riverside property, and ate all the usual good food, and somethings that surprised me, though I enjoyed it all.

We then lay on the grass in the shade and play cards until we left. We went home, and rested, jumped on the tramp, and otherwise enjoyed ourselves. AJ came over, and we ate a good dinner of BBQ hamburgers with honey on them, hot dogs, grapes, chips...

Kate, AJ and I then headed for Idaho Falls. Kate played in pre-fireworks on the lawn of the Shilo hotel, where the best seats for the fireworks display were. The show was excellent, and then we headed home... sort of... We walked very fast from the Shilo to the parking lot, got in the car and pulled out onto the main road. We drove for about fifty yards, and then were at a dead stop for about forty minutes. We played 20 Questions, and then two truths and a lie until we got back to Kates house, where my car was.

It was quite a fun day...

PS. I just found out that the duet I auditioned to sing in the final concert of the semester made it into the concert.


Don't forget your daily dose of Music!

2 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

That was fun. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your Fourth. We missed you here - all of you.

Congrats on the duet! Not at all surprising. When is the concert?

Kate said...

Yes! I knew you'd make it!! Thanks for hanging out with us. :)