Jul 19, 2010

Sitting Alone

This semester has been a much more challenging one for me than last semesters. Remember when I talked about my roommate who was giving me grief... well, I should have held my tongue. He was shallow, self absorbed, and talked way to much. But at least he was honest, and considerate of others, and he was responsible. My other roommate is dishonest, a big jerk, big big jerk, and he doesn't take care of anything that is his, or that he uses. He litters the entire apartment with his things. And I have never met another person who can so constantly insult or offend every person he comes into contact with. This roommate is so detestable that no one of my roommates like to be with him.

This last Sunday after sacrament, my roommates and I made our way to Sunday school. Jens, who is my new least favorite roommate, sat down next to one of our FHE sisters. The rest of us refused to sit next to him... non of us are willing to subject ourselves to him any more. This left about half a row unoccupied. The rest of us sat in the row right behind him. I was immediately behind him. About five minutes into the lesson, our FHE sister had had enough of his indecency and got up in the middle of the lesson to move away from him.

I found myself feeling slightly guilty that I had not sat by him, not because I like the guy, but because I felt acutely un-christlike by refusing to be with him. Should I have sat with him? What do you think i should have done...?

Don't forget your daily dose of Music!

2 comments:

Kate said...

There is no point in increasing your dislike for him by choosing to sit by him. If he had sat next to you, then I wouldn't move. 3 days left....

Lindy-Lou said...

Kate is the next Dear Abby. I couldn't agree more.