I decided to count how many songs I am learning for this Christmas seasons round of musical performances. Fifty nine, and counting. It feels so good to be back learning so much music, and doing so many performances. Christmas really seemed to sneak up on me while I was on my mission. In hind sight, I suspect that part of the reason that it seemed to come so fast is because the usual rehearsals, music, performances and concerts that accompany the Christmas season were totally absent for the last two years. The last two Christmas's spent in the field were no less special, but in a different way. I learned so much, and have gained a new love for the Savior and for this beautiful time of year to celebrate Him and what his life and mission and atonement mean for us.
I was puzzling over my schedule, which has become fairly crazy for the month of December. One of the most 'fun' things that we get to do as employees of the Boy Scout Shop is inventory. Ya... Right. And it just so happens that the four mandatory days of inventory are in the middle of the December month. And, wouldn't you know it, on weekends. This was a prime source of worry for me. When comparing my work schedule with the various rehearsal/performance schedules that I committed to, I was beginning to feel a real pinch in my time, and worried that I would be able to keep the commitments that I had made, both at the Scout Shop, and also to the choirs that I am in this season.
Yesterday I prayed that the Lord would work things out for me, and that I would be able to do all that I had to do, and that He needed me to do. I prayed that He would work it all out.
When I went into work this morning, I read the notice that indicated our schedule for the next several weeks, and explained the schedule for inventory. Miracle of miracles, the dated for inventory were not what I thought they were going to be, and there is only one conflict with the schedules instead of the five or six I was imagining. I told my manager that the performance of the Messiah that I have a solo in is one of the nights that we are working on our inventory. Without my asking, she told me that I would be able to leave on the night of the concert in time to attend the performance.
He really had taken care of everything for me! I am so grateful this thanksgiving season for a Heavenly Father who know my situation, and is willing to help me when things are not beyond my control. I stepped into the back of the store, and offered a quite, but fervent prayer of thanks. Looks like I will be able to do all fifty nine songs this year, and maybe more!
Don't forget your daily dose of Music!
No comments:
Post a Comment