
Ok, so I am pretty sure that my bishop thinks that I have gone inactive on him. I have not been to his ward for the last four weeks. But before you become worried let me explain. About five and a half weeks ago, I got a call from my mom, my dad, my sisters, and my little brother, in addition to several texts from them informing me that my mission call had come. Those of you who read my blog already know that I could not drive down immediately, and my family could not come up, so I made them hold it with out opening it for about ten days. Anyway:
Four weeks ago I drove down to open the call. The following Sunday was stake conference. The weekend after that I was back in Salt Lake to take out my endowments with my family. This last Sunday, I was on my way back from Denver CO. So I am sure that I am going to have to explain to the Bishop why i haven't been in church for so long.
For the record, I am very much active.
Well, the trip to Denver was nice, sort of... well, I it was really more a bitter sweet things; for example...
Sweet:
I saw my roommate and his new bride come out of the temple. They looked very happy.
Bitter:
My roommates and I missed the sealing because the groom (my former roommate) told us that the temple was in a different city that it really was. Because of the error in communication, we drove 27 miles away from the temple.
Sweet:
We made it in time for the pictures.
Bitter:
I never did like taking pictures.
Sweet:
I reread about half of the Tao te Ching. Excellent book!
Bitter:
I had to listen to my roommates music the whole way there and back. Most of which I disliked. Even sadder, when something good came on, my totally tasteless roommate would change it.
Sweet:
I had lots of time to think.
Bitter:
I take it back - the music was way to loud to think most of the trip.
Sweet:
I got out of the Apartment with no homework for two days.
Bitter:
We brought back all the wedding gifts for our friends that just got married, and to make room we folded down two of the three seats in the back. I had to sit in the crammed space that was left for the whole 10 hour trip back.
Sweet:
I did not have to watch any Hannah Montanah, or anything on the Disney channel for three days now.
Bitter:
I had to endure all the snide, disrespectful comments of my roommate (the same one with not taste in music...among other things.)
Sweet:
It was a relaxing trip because I had no homework, and no where to be for most of the time. I also did not have to do any driving. I never mind driving, but it is definitely a stress at times.
Bitter:
My roommates decided to "cruse" the mall in the time between the events at the temple and the reception. I hate going to the mall unless you have a specific thing you are looking for.
Sweet:
We decided to eat lunch in the mall. While we were eating, some guy came up to us and started talking to us, wanting to know if we were mormons. We were still pretty dressed up from the wedding, so we stood out. I watched as both of my roommates, neither of whom has been home from the mission for more than a year, snap right back into missionary mode. It was almost funny.
Bitter:
I missed dinner at the Seeley's again.
Sweet:
I watched Signs and Sixth Sense for the first time. Didn't like signs much. Sixth sense was good.
Bitter:
Me, and my favorite roommate, Shawn (please note that he spells his name the smart way) practically had to be parents to our other roommate. He would not get up in time in the morning. We had to iron his shirts for him, because he would not... we had to make him take a shower, and had to make him start packing... etc. It was bad.
Sweet:
I am out of sweet things.
Bitter:
Sunday we ate breakfast at like 8 in the morning, and then did not eat again until we got to Rocksprings CO, which was at 4 in the after noon. Good thing I did not have to exert a lot of energy, sitting in the car, smashed by the luggage and gifts, listening to terrible music.
But, it was all worth it to be there to support Jared and Shannon.
Now that Jared is married, and not living with us, he soled his housing contract to a guy named Ross. He is moving in today. He is very tall, and seems nice.
I will let you know how that goes.
Don't forget your daily dose of Music!
2 comments:
Tee hee. The title made me laugh.
What a trip! It's good you were able to see the positives. I hope your new roommate is compatable. In any case, the semester will soon be over. (It was wonderful to be in the temple with you when you received your endowment.)
Post a Comment